Saturday, July 10, 2010

"I'm not scared at all..."

"Pennies in a well. A million dollars in the fountain of a hotel. Fortune teller says, 'Maybe you will go to Hell.' But I'm not scared at all of the cracks in the crystal, the cracks in the crystal ball." -Pink

I often wonder about the future. I'm scared of it really. Everything I ever thought the future would be has dematerialized. I realized a while ago, that life never really pans out the way you want it to or even plan for it to. Right now, I'm developing a 5 year plan to try to give my life direction. I wonder how much of it will come to fruition and how much will be scrapped. But, as funny as it is, I'm going to take a lesson from Pink and try not to be scared of the future. My life may end up in hell, but it may turn out better than I ever expected. All the wishing and hoping won't change it. I can plan and I can prepare, but I can't change it, not really. I can influence my future with my actions, but it's still largely out of my hands. So, I'm just going to live my life and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment